Rodent Control Professionals
What to do If you have a mouse or rat problem in your home
Leave rodent services to Mrs. Bzzz! We are a professional mice and rat control company who have serviced of hundreds of homeowners throughout Hudson Valley. Homeowners often buy over-the-counter poisons and end up poisoning their animals, neighborhood animals or putting their loved ones at risk. With Mrs, Bzzz, our rodent services for your home can be priced out over the phone, you don’t need a pushy salesman to come out to your home. Most pest services take 14 days to control your current problem, there is no magic flute to play and the mice follow the exterminator out the door, so if a pest professional tells you he can solve your pest problem in quickly he isn't being honest with you.
How did I get mice or rats and why are so difficult to get rid of?
Mice can enter your home through cracks and holes in your walls, ceiling, floor and baseboards. Mice can squeeze through openings as small as a dime! Rats being larger will need larger openings to gain access. Mice and rats need food, water and warmth. When the weather turns colder in New York rodents seek warm shelter. Once inside with food, water and warmth they reproduce quickly.
Mice and rats are extremely fast. Rats are instinctively wary of things new to their environment such as baits and traps. There are numerous rodent repellents available but honestly, these work marginally at best. To remove rodents all entrances must be identified and properly sealed. Then all rodents must be exterminated with a combination of rodenticides and snap traps. Due to the health risks, calling a professional pest control service like Mrs. Bzzz is the best solution.
What are common signs of a mice or rat infestation?
- The visible presence of mice or rats in or near your home.
- Rodent droppings in cupboards, pantries, closets or crawl spaces.
- Hearing scratching noises in walls or coming from ceiling
- Finding electrical wires or other items that have been chewed.
Mrs. Bzzz Pest & Termite Solutions For Controlling Mice & Rats:
- Our Homecare Plus is our number one service for eliminating & controlling rodents.
- This program gives you protection against mice & rats and several other insects.
- Service starts with a detailed inspection of the home, then rodenticides and snap traps are used to correct the rodent problem. Seal up of minor openings are performed where rodents may be entering.
Different Types Of Mice & Diseases They Carry
Their excrement may contain a variety of dangerous diseases and viruses. These can become airborne and inhaled by humans causing infection. Food sources they come in contact with may get infected with salmonella. That food when ingested can make you very sick. They may also bite causing infection. They also chew on things to wear down their teeth that grow constantly. Often this is electrical wiring that can lead to expensive repairs or in some cause house fires.
There are 4 common pests that invade New Jersey & New York homes
- The House Mouse: Is a small rodent about 2 inches long not including the tail, pointed nose, and fairly large ears. Grayish brown in color with a gray or buff-colored belly.
- The White-Footed Deer Mouse: Which is light brown to black and has a white underbelly. These mice are slightly larger than house mice and have bigger ears and eyes.
- The Norway Rat: Also known as the brown rat, gray rat, sewer rat, water rat, or barn rat. One of the most common rodents in urban areas. These large rodents are around 10 to 12 inches long, including their tails, and are typically grayish-brown in color.
For the fastest service, call our rodent control experts in today at 845-670-5888.
Quick Service Available
Clean, Uniformed Trucks
4-Hour Appointment Windows